Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Congress 2011

I am currently in Fredericton, New Brunswick attending Congress, the annual gathering of scholars affiliated with the Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences. I presented yesterday for the Canadian Society for the Study of Higher Education on behalf of my research team that included Dr. Dale Kirby, Dr. Dennis Sharpe, and fellow graduate research assistants, Nicholas Morine, Jonathan Ricketts and Monique Bourgeois. The title of my talk was "Matriculating Eastward: An Examination of Factors Influencing the Inter-Provincial Migration of Maritime Students to Newfoundland and Labrador." There is a good graduate student presence here and I have attended a number of interesting talks on doctoral student transitions and development.

I would also like to extend my congratulations to Dale Kirby and Morgan Gardner, who have won the Canadian Educational Researchers' Association's R. W. B. Jackson Award for their paper, entitled "The schooling they need: Voicing student perspectives on their fourth year in senior high school". I am accepting the award today on their behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment